Huwebes, Mayo 12, 2011

Gaming Chairs and Gaming Enablers


I learned all about gaming chairs today.


I learned that gamers do not only spend an awful lot of money on gaming PC's, gaming software and the usual gaming gear, but also on gaming chairs.


I suppose when you spend a lot of time sitting in front of the computer gaming, then it makes sense to buy a comfortable gaming chair.  And while you are at it, you might as well buy a gaming chair that will enhance your gaming experience with additional motion and audio input.  


Yes, these chairs literally rock to the rhythm of your game and come with built-in speakers and ports for your surround stereo headphones as well as for other gaming gear plug ins.  Some of the higher-end models can also be linked to each other for LAN gaming, but unless you own a computer shop, I can't see people buying several of these for a private LAN games party, especially for the price of each of this chair.


Forgive me for being unenthusiastic about these fancy gaming chairs, but I am not a gamer myself and cannot see why anybody would want to spend so much on enabling their addictions.  Also, since these chairs are also marketed to parents to might want to enhance their kids' gaming experience, we're talking about early addiction enabling here.  And that's something I'm very uncomfortable with.

1 komento:

  1. Closed mined individual never let the world move forward. I'm not a gamer but I understand that even with these "seemingly" useless invention become useful. But if you want to stay the same then just sit on a tree stump. I'll keep looking to make my ultimate office great, not for gamers who can use it but for worker who use computer for they're jobs. That's how gamers helped me. Go back to the stone age will ya!

    TumugonBurahin